It’s been said that we live in an
Age of Distraction.
Live whizzes by at the speed of sound and we wonder where all the time goes. So we stay up late working on projects or finally winding down after a wide open day.
Does this describe you?
Studies indicate that if you get a get a good night’s sleep your outlook on the world is brighter and you are much more productive the next day.
If so, please enjoy these 10 Ways to Sleep Better:
- Set the thermostat between 65 and 70 degrees.
- Keep the fan setting ON to create a steady hum (masks out unwanted noise).
- Lay out your clothes for the next day.
- Avoid heavy meals before bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol before bedtime. It can disrupt the second half of your sleep.
- Avoid caffeine after 2:00 PM.
- Get some exercise every day.
- Is your pillow comfortable? If not, get a nice new one.
- Exposure to a 15 minutes of sunlight a day has been shown to help you adjust your internal clock.
- Turn off the TV at least an hour before bedtime.
This info came courtesy of my massive research into getting a better night’s sleep! In the end, we’ve bought a new mattress that arrives on Tuesday morning, and we’re paying more attention to giving our sleep the attention it deserves.
Nothing beats waking up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world!